Advanced Search (Items only)
East side of Station Street, three doors north of Denys on the corner of Watton and Station Streets, Werribee.
Aub Comben's first shop, it later became Joe King's fruit shop. The original Comben's store was started by Shadrach Comben, father of Alfred Comben and Bill Comben, in 1897.
An article from The Weekly Times entitled 'Show in a mixed farming and irrigation district -- good display at Werribee'.
Seven photographs showing different views.
Items 996, 997 and 998 combine to form one large photograph.
Back to Werribee celebrations were held at Chirnside Park.
These three photographs show 17 individual pictures during this time.
The Church was built in 1862 of corrugated iron.
It was purchased by the Presbyterian Church in 1907 and still in use in 1962.
The Church was burnt down in the fires of 1969.