Wyndham History
Menu

Browse Items

Total item(s) : 8
Chirnside (Corpus Christi) Gates.jpg

Large stone entry gates constructed of granite.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/222.jpg

One of Chirnside's old farm buildings, on the bank of the river before the crossing on the property. Photograph taken by B. D. Dixon.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/180.jpg

Thomas Chirnside's first home near the Werribee River in the Parish of Deutgam. It was still being used as a home in 1964.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/200.jpg

First home of the Chirnside Family built at Werribee Park.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/160.jpg

Point Cooke Homestead was owned by the Chirnside Family.
Article

A retaining wall and plantings along the river and large trees scattered through a housing estate are all that remains of The Manor, a once grand house with extensive gardens.
Article

A large pastoral holding once owned by the Chirnside family well known for the 1876 Italianate Renaissance mansion.
Article

A racecourse located on this site since 1861 with large grandstand and other buildings possibly dating from 1950s onwards.

Ask a question