Wyndham History
Menu

Browse Items

Total item(s) : 5
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/289.jpg

First Mechanics Institute was built about 1883. The Mechanics Institute was used for the district's entertainment and later as a library.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/44.jpg

The Mechanics Institute was later used as a library, with the books being donated by the Chirnside family.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/154.jpg

The Mechanics Institute was used for the district entertainment. This building was relocated in 1964 and demolished in 1994.
Article

Large timber Mechanics Institute with central entry retaining wrought iron gate and double timber doors.
Old Little River Hotel.JPG

Single storey bluestone hotel that closed in 1973 and is now a private residence.

Ask a question