Wyndham History
Menu

Browse Items

Total item(s) : 171
Werribee Mechanics Institute.JPG

Photograph of the Werribee Mechanics Institute.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/34.jpg

This was the first office for Shire of Wyndham. The building is now occupied by Werribee Masonic Lodge.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/207.jpg

This was the first office for Shire of Wyndham. The building is now occupied by Werribee Masonic Lodge.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/45.jpg

Phelan's Blacksmith Shop was one of the earliest of family businesses established in the area.The wheelwright was situated on the site which today is occupied by the Westpac Bank. In the 1950s, with the phasing out of horses, the premises were taken…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/231.jpg

Western Produce was located near the railway crossing at Cherry Street. David Thompson came here from Newstead about 1919 to manage Keast's Mill (located along the Cherry Street Railway crossing on the Werribee Station side).  A few years later…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/33.jpg

This was the second Shire Office built in 1893. The building is now home to the Werribee and District Historical Society and Museum.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/82.jpg

This second Shire Hall was built in 1893 when the bluestone Shire Office became too small. The Soldier Memorial is in the foreground. The building is now used as the office for the Werribee District Historical Society as well as other community…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/53.jpg

During 1920, the Werribee Settlers Dairying Co-Operative Company had a milk factory in Station Street.  In 1924, the Werribee milk producers sold their Station Street factory to the Federal Milk Company.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/124.jpg

Photograph of a steam train leaving Werribee railway station. The footbridge and station buildings can be seen in the background.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/233.jpg

Photograph of Werribee's first railway station with the footbridge across the rail line and a gas light overhead.The Station Master was Mr. Robinson.

Ask a question