Little River,” Wyndham History, accessed November 22, 2018, http://www.wyndhamhistory.net.au/items/show/286.
A bluestone complex comprising a railway station, goods shed and store occupying a prominent position near St Michael's Catholic Church and the former Methodist Church.Source
City of Wyndham Heritage Study 1997
A bluestone complex comprising a railway station, goods shed and store occupying a prominent position near St Michael's Catholic Church and the former Methodist Church.Title
Railway Station & Goods Shed,
Railway station - Little River (Vic.), Amess, S., Railway lines - Melbourne (Vic.), Railway lines - Geelong (Vic.),
Wyndham City LibrariesSource
City of Wyndham Heritage Study 1997Publisher
Context Pty LtdDate
A complex of bluestone station buildings - station, goods shed and store. The buildings are single storey, constructed of bluestone with slate roofs. The station building retains carved bargeboards and 'VR' shield on the gables and timber platform canopy.
While the station building is in good condition, the goods shed lacks a roof and appears to have suffered internal damage. The overall complex is no longer used. There is evidence of vandalism and the buildings are no longer secure. The railway goods shed is now being restored to its original condition. Within the township, the railway station occupies a prominent position and is part of a group with St Michael's Catholic Church and the former Methodist Church.
Described in the Western Region Industrial Heritage Study as "constructed in 1864 by S. Amess at a cost of 6,000 pounds on the Geelong to Melbourne railway line to service the pastoral community south of Werribee. Sheep and cattle grazing was the chief industry in the area and the station provided a major transport connection with the Newmarket saleyards and Melbourne and Williamstown docks".